Problem with 6.27.259

DELFTship forum Feature requests Problem with 6.27.259

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Giulio
      Participant

Hi, I’m trying to update to 6.27.259 but the software crashes before the download.
      I tried both “download and install” and “download only”

Giulio

SGPhoto_2013_11_1222_47_37.png

Robert Holme
      Participant

Help,

Suddenly my Delftship free 6.27.259 will not open!!!

In desperation I cleaned my computer and registry then downloaded 6.22.253. It installed OK but will not open and freezes on the delfship opening logo, as did 6.27.259.

I also tried running as administrator same problem.

My operating system is Windows 7 64bit.

What am I doing wrong?

Best Regards
      Bob

Dirk
      Participant

Hi,

I’m a user of Delftship Pro and unfortunately I also get error messages when I’m trying to install the updates.

See the attached files for more info.

Regards,
      Dirk

Dirk
      Participant

Attached you’ll find a better picture of the error message.

Attachments:
      Marven
      Keymaster

Hello Dirk,

It seems that Windows has a problem running the combined 32/64 bit installer package. Are you perhaps running an older version of Windows?

Dirk
      Participant

Sorry, I had to mention that. I’m using Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Marven
      Keymaster

That’s very strange. Have you tried to download (and not install) the installer file, and then manually start the setup file?
      It’s a pretty common installer file which should be handled flawlessly in your os

Dirk
      Participant

Yes I’ve tried that but the result was the same. As usual, error messages were only half-useful. In my case, the DLL wasn’t missing–the installer didn’t have permissions to access the folder. I didn’t try running the installer as an administrator (this didn’t make sense to me considering I was already using an admin account).

Nevertheless, after doing this the installer worked.

What I wonder, now, is how this happened in the first place, and what the correct permissions on this directory are supposed to be..

Edit: I meant the C:UsersxAppDataLocalTemp folder

Robert Holme
      Participant

Interesting…………………..Once more DS froze on opening.

I followed previous advise and had “Check for updates” set to never…………………..However………………….

Guess what…………………… I disabled my internet connection and bingo………….. the program loads immediately.

This is odd to say the least.

For my fellow freezers at least now I appear to have stumbled on a work around to defrost the startup 🙂

Best Regards
      Bob

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.