October 3, 2010 at 17:46 #34331PrivateerParticipant
Already v.3.20 was great, I used it for parts or partial problems with lot of thanks to the whole DS crew, and the new one is rather more, really and phenomenal indeed!
However, there are some new problems in handling with new version, I appreciate any good advice. My questions:
1. contrary to old version, the new one offers red “control points” only of outer edges but NO ones anywhere else on black control net lines within hull… -?
2. The new features Zebra and Gaussian look very interesting, but what is their physical meaning for the properties of new hull i.e. boat?
3. How to use the new feature Developability more than just to look?
With thanks in advance for any hint here or to firstname.lastname@example.org
October 5, 2010 at 12:28 #34332MarvenKeymaster
- The red control points simply indicate that the control points are on a crease edge. Control points can have different colors depending on the geometrical meaning of the point. That’s why regular interior points always have a different color.
- Gaussian curvature displays, as the name suggests, the gaussian curvature of the surface. Gaussian curvature is the product of the two principal curvatures of the surface. If the gaussian curvature in a particular area is zero that the surface is developable in that region. Zebra lines indicate bands of equal surface reflection. You can find more information about this topic in the manual, but to be short both modes are used to check the fairness of a surface. Any bumps or irregularities are easily discovered using these two display modes.
- The Developability check is simply a visible check to see if surfaces can be developed to flat plates without any distortion. Once layers are made developable in the layer properties dialog (Ctrl-L) you can view them as plate developments. The free version only displays the plate developments, while the pro version also prints and exports them.
October 12, 2010 at 02:00 #34342PrivateerParticipant
Thank You very much Marven!
The problem with the controll points, also the black ones, was – for me “misteriously”, but lucky – solved by self after three or four restarts of the whole system next day :-), maybe Your program found the necessery XP dll finally, or something like that?… Anyway, DS works fine now!
Your infos to other features are very usefull for me, many thanx again and all the best to You and the DS crew!
October 12, 2010 at 10:48 #34345MarvenKeymaster
Delftship ddoesn’t use any dll’s. But possibly the preferences file was corrupted? In this file all the preferences (including color settings for surfaces, points etc) are stored.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Hull modeling from offset table
3 days, 20 hours ago
3 weeks, 4 days ago
import excel to delftship and surface became twisted
1 month ago
Tank Modeling DTL file Structure
1 month, 1 week ago
Importing CSV/TXT coordinates as stations?
1 month, 1 week ago
starting at a blank page.
1 month, 3 weeks ago
Complete Newbie Needs Help Starting Out
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Corner points appearing in model- need help
2 months, 4 weeks ago
Beginner seeks tutor
3 months, 1 week ago
Lines Plan – Header on pdf
by Anneler Ruedi
4 months, 3 weeks ago