January 26, 2012 at 06:52 #35514JamieParticipant
if i wanted to create a bulkhead on station 1605 what is the best way to do that? thanks
February 12, 2012 at 21:24 #35567N J CookParticipant
I had been puzzling on the easiest way to insert a bulkhead into a hull … and have come up with a simple proccedure that works. This assumes that you have defined a hull and a deck.
1. Use Tools | Add box … with the Add new layer boxed ticked, to insert a box in its own layer that is wider and longer than the hull, placing one face of the box on the station you want the bulkhead.
2. Delete corners of the faces that you do not want and they will disappear, leaving only a single face at the bulkhead position.
3. Use Tools | Subdivide control net until this face is subdivided into a fine enough mesh for the next steps.
4. Use Edit | Point | Intersect layers with the new bulkhead layer first and the hull layer second to insert the insersection points into the bulkhead layer.
5. If the deck is in a separate layer, do 4. again, but with bulkhead and deck.
6. Now the bulkhead face has new points around the intersection with the deck and hull.
7. Select and delete points on the bulkhead face that lie outside the hull and deck until you are left with a bulkhead that fits.
8. Now you can lighten the bulkhead with holes by deleting points in the middle.
I have used this method to put a bulkhead (transverse plane), a floor (horizontal plane) and side buoyancy compartments (longitudinal plane) into a dinghy-skiff design. It works for me … so should for you.
February 14, 2012 at 23:50 #35573AlexiaParticipant
or just create an edge at the station and then extrude it for half the hull beam then remove the negative portion of the extrusion
February 15, 2012 at 19:30 #35579N J CookParticipant
I’ve never been able to create an edge inside a hull. Edge | Insert always seems to be greyed out. Attempts to extrude always end up with “No boundary edge selected”. How is it done, then?
Extruding a deck or transom from the hull edges is no problem, but how do you extrude a deck some way below the hull rail to leave an upstand?
Intersecting the face of a box means you can create a plane bulkhead anywhere, not just on defined stations.
February 16, 2012 at 05:05 #35583JamieParticipant
yeah thanks nick. seems you are right about this. cant extrude in the middle of a panel! thanks for you help. thumbs up
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Background Images in v.310 (324)
by Terrance Egolf
16 hours, 4 minutes ago
Jan 14th 2021 update.
by Frank Russell
20 hours, 56 minutes ago
Cross Curves of Stability (KN-Values)
21 hours, 31 minutes ago
New wersion Intersections problem
1 day, 3 hours ago
by Terrance Egolf
1 day, 17 hours ago
2 weeks, 1 day ago
RC speedboat catamaran Delftship blueprint
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Hull modeling from offset table
1 month, 3 weeks ago
2 months, 2 weeks ago
import excel to delftship and surface became twisted
2 months, 4 weeks ago