Re: Hull recesses

DELFTship forum Hull modeling Hull recesses Re: Hull recesses


Yes, one way do draw a recess is to make a hole, to extrude its countour once for the recess “wall” and once more to make the “bottom” (delete the “bottom”‘s vertices and points).
It’s a way to draw windows when using an other layer (think of using an almost transparent factor!).

An other way to draw a recess is to draw its vertices in 2D, on the main body and within its contour, then to move the “bottom”‘s vertices inwards, and finally to enlarge the “bottom” (by moving its vertices or its points).

I hope it’s clear enough without pictures…:S

I think the first way is the easier, but I used the second one for a while.